a tale of two hearts

tripping tuesday: big red rocks

The second Uluru post...it's a big one!
...

What's the red centre without a big red rock...right? So consider this, the big red rock blog post.  I'm not one to get excited about rocks but Uluru and Kata Tjuta are completely awe inspiring....as is the whole landscape out there.
It makes you realise just how small we are in the big scheme of things!
Uluru (Ayers Rock)

...the child in me sometimes escapes and gets carried away...eg I forgot where I was and started chasing a butterfly to try and catch it...not a good idea when you're on top of Uluru...
...you can't see it but I caught it in the end!! 
 We got into a nice rhythm on the trip…walking by day…drinking and eating by night!
 Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)
 How cute are Bec and Dave…awww…
…there they are again, in the background, holding hands…awww. I’m such a sucker for good old fashion romance!
yeah…we were a little tired. I think we’d walked over 30km by this stage in the trip!
 Sunset at Uluru…
…sunrise at Uluru.
Mr. Wonderful at 5 am …and his hair still looks great!
Early morning starts bring out the best in everyone…don’t they?!?
Bec + Dave …we love you guys, thank you for an unforgettable holiday!
…we all said good bye to the blue cloudless skys of central australia…to fly home…
…to this wonderful weather waiting for us. Holidays…so bitter sweet aren’t they!