a tale of two hearts

Katy Perry and Jodi DiPiazza

I love Katy Perry's "Firework" - it's an anthem that declares truth after truth about who we all are.

 I remember the first time I heard the song, I stopped what I was doing and just sat and listened.

So much around us is screaming "your not good enough...you're not quite right...your too much of this...too little of that".

If that's how I feel, I can't imagine what it must feel like for those who are born into this world and through no fault of their own fall short of attaining the "normal" label. What must it feel like to know that doctors, teachers friends and family all know "I'm not good enough...I'm not quite right...I'm to much of this...too little of that".

My guess is we all feel like that to some degree but it's not the truth...because we have been:

"fearfully and wonderfully made
David (aka king david, psalm 139:14)

Or as paraphrased by the talented Miss Perry 

"You don't have to feel like a waste of space, your original, you can not be replaced"

Like I said I LOVE this song and this is the perfect duet for it- everything about this is so beautiful.


Warning it is a bit of a tearjerker. At the 5min mark I had to go stop the video to go and grab myself a tissue!

I know such a surprise I never cry at this sort of stuff :P