a tale of two hearts

roller coaster week

It's been a crazy roller coaster week at work.

I think this is the 4th round of redundancies I've seen take place in less than 5 years -  pure madness. 

I wonder what it's like to work somewhere where you're not constantly worried about loosing your job? I wonder if I'll ever know what that kind of security feels like? 

I have to admit though, there are advantaged to never having experienced 'job security'. 

It's forced me to be proactive about making the most of each opportunity I've been given at work. I've become grateful and feel privileged to have my job and for the sake my sanity I've been forced to make sure my sense of worth isn't derived from what I do 9-5pm.

I think it's that last one that I'm most grateful for. 


Thank you for being on the other side of the phone to calm my nerves a 1001 times a day over the last few days...well weeks - who am I kidding months! 

Now that it's all done it's time to celebrate...with a blumers cider and some ferrero rocher's.
Thanks for the surprise treats!