a tale of two hearts

talk about privileged

Do you remember how this day started?  Two words and I guarantee it'll all flood back to you - 'laundry bag'.

We spent over an hour walking around Paris with a plastic bag trying to find a place to get our laundry done - as I recall, not my finest hour. It makes me laugh just thinking about it. Can't say I found it as funny at the time!

I think this day is evidence that just because a day starts off bad doesn't mean it'll stay that way for long.

We finally found a place to get our laundry done, had some lunch, wondered through Versailles and then found ourselves doing an "amazing race" tour of the Louvre.

I remember looking at you with that map in your had and thinking "this guy is remarkable". We were both jet lagged, so exhausted from all the walking we did that day and yet you were sharp as a tack, entertaining me with your antics, while running through the Louvre with coat in hand.

I don't know what made me feel more privileged in that moment, being in Paris or being your wife?


Below is the little brain fart I had while staring at this painting.

One of the things I love about living in Australia is the lack of pomp and ceremony but looking at this picture stirs something inside me.  It's my favourite painting in the Louvre. I remember staring at it for ages when I saw it for the first time with mum and dad in year 7. I know what the painting is actually about but it's the majesty and grandeur of it all that captured my heart.

This time when I saw it, this came to mind.

"You are a royal priesthood...that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light" 1 Peter 2:9

Are we all like the girl in the image? 

All that is beautiful, lovely, admirable in me is because of God's grace, goodness and generosity. I did nothing to earn such a remarkable gift - yet I get to walk through life with all the blessings that flow from it. He calls me His beloved child and I get all the associated privileges of being a daughter of the King.

Talk about privileged.

J...thank you for being a constant reminder of just how privileged I am.
Thank you for loving me the way you do - your love is daily reminder of God's goodness and generosity towards me.

ps: check out the lady on the right...hehehe...maybe she's having a brain fart staring at the painting too?