a tale of two hearts

whatever is true

I read this post by Sarah Tucker - so inspiring.

I'm so glad there are beautiful women out there who are brave enough to be so vulnerable and authentic.


Here are a few of my favourite parts from her post:

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life" (Proverbs 4:23).

"We have a choice of who and what we let into our life and hearts....
 ...the largest chambers of my heart consist of my faith, my husband, Tuck growing inside me, my family, a few close friendships, a desire to help others and live a life of purpose....
Putting those things first gives me LIFE, JOY, PEACE, CONTENTMENT.  And I realize the only way to get there is guarding against distractions, controlling the volume of the negativity, lies we believe and keep telling ourselves.  For me this looks like: limiting social media (being aware of what you're letting in), leaving my phone behind when I can, having an alarm clock instead of bringing my phone to bed with me, resting in ways that feed my soul and not exhaust it, doing the hard work, making decisions instead of just thinking about them, dealing with reality instead of being distracted by twitter/FB/instagram all day, being obsessed with busy-ness ... . clearing out all of the clutter whether it lives in my mind or near my desk. I want to put what ultimately matters before all of those things I want right now (namely: approval)....  
I want to pursue a life of LOVE, purpose, joy, peace, and be fulfilled not drained by what I do.  I want to guard my heart, focus on what matters, follow my dreams, and live a life of adventure with my two boys."