a tale of two hearts

wilderness of africa

We watched David Attenborough's Africa documentary this week. For the photographer in me it was like being a kid in a candy store. The images were breathtaking.

There is just something about the wilderness of Africa. I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it has something to do with the way it so effortlessly humbles us and puts us in our place. It's hard to look at a wild elephant, lion or rhino and not be faced with the reality of your mortality and insignificance. It puts your loftiest ambitions into perspective.

We'll that might just be me.

I had to pinch myself when we were there. I still have to pinch myself when I look back on our photos. Can you believe we go to witness and experience the majesty of Africa.

I'll say it again - so spoilt!