a tale of two hearts

education matters

I finished the first part of my assignment and decided to reward myself by flicking through readit.

I came across this image titled - education matters.

Source: Readit

 Here I was having a little whinge about how it's a public holiday and I'm cooped up at home studying while everyone is out enjoying themselves.

I'm so thankful that growing up mum and dad made sure I was aware that not every child was as fortunate to have the opportunity to go to school. Education opened not only doors but borders for my parents. Education has the capacity to enable an individual to pull themselves and their family out of crippling generational poverty.

Somewhere along the track I've forgotten these truths.

Education - it's a privilege not a chore.  

[Having said that - it's hard to deny that it's a painful privilege at times!]