a tale of two hearts

time to fess up

To my lovely friends who read this blog. This post is for you.


[Paris, Versailles 2011]

I am drawn to authentic people. To those that don't pretend that there is no muck or mire, but choose to trudge through it and come out the other side. I hope to be that kind of person. I don't have time to pretend I've got it all together, nor would I want to. Life has taught me that there is beauty in imperfection.

With that said I think it's important that I'm honest with you. I've been struggling with this blog a little in recent weeks. So I figure I should just tell you, get it off my chest and move on. 

(deep breath here goes)

When you're reading this blog if you ever feel like J and I have it all together...I'm sorry to disappoint you but you're wrong. I'm a pretty private person and protective of the personal details of our life - I share snippets of our joys here but never the hard stuff. Maybe in time I'll share that stuff here too...maybe I won't, I don't know and I don't need to know right now. I do know this - this blog as it currently stands helps me cherish and celebrate the beautiful things in our life and right now I need that. 

So please see it as that - a lop sided representation of our life. 

Come back and flick through posts if you're encouraged but please keep in mind that for now I won't be sharing the stuff of life that makes the images you see here so precious to us.

Now that's out of the way - I want to say a huge thank you for your lovely emails/facebook messages about how much you enjoy the blog. J and I get such a buzz flicking through it, it's such a thrill to hear you do to!

x tina