a tale of two hearts

the highline




I wasn't sure what to expect of the highline in NY. I just remember reading lots of reviews saying we should check it out - so we did.

It really made me appreciate how far NY has come in a relatively short space of time. I've always thought of NY as the mecca of capitalism. In my mind it's always been the city all other cities look to become, as though NY has got it together. Walking on the highline made me realise, that's not the case, NY is a city just like any other, it's still evolving, ever changing. She's still deciding who she is and who she wants to become for the next generation.

There was something so surreal and beautiful about walking on what once were train track now come city gardens. Looking up at the sky scrapers around you and busy roads beneath you.

NY you are so full of surprises!