a tale of two hearts

4 months


 You've done it again my son - delivered yet another stellar monthly photo.

We shall call this one...Giving the bird 'the bird'  

And here you are laughing at just how hilarious you are and that you are!!

Here are a few things you're doing now that I don't want to forget:
  • Rolling! ALL THE TIME! I found you rolled over onto your tummy at 4am a few weeks ago. I had been rubbing your head trying to help you get back to sleep when I realised you had suddenly moved and I couldn't work out where your mouth was. I quickly turned on the light and sure enough you had rolled over while you were wrapped like a little sausage! Dad and I stood over your crib looking at you a little confused, so proud but also completely confused as to how you did that and what exactly we do with you now?
  • You're really starting to enjoy books and by enjoy I mean you like to touch them while we're reading to you, you try to turn the pages and there have been a few mornings where you decide you'd prefer to read to me and you start babbling away.
  • You are fascinated with the tap in the laundry. We now give you baths in the laundry tub and you sit there amazed at our lovely Ikea tap...truth be told I'm pretty pleased with it myself so it's nice to see you also appreciate it!
  • You love to suck your hands, like both in your mouth if possible! You've also started doing this cute thing where you suck individual fingers at a time...oh and if you have a dummy in your mouth you also like to squeeze a finger in to suck that too.
  • While we're on the sucking issue - you now suck your big toe and/or all your toes at once! You did it for the first time a few Saturdays ago while you were on the change table. Dad and I were laughing so much....you were really going for it!
  • You laugh A LOT! There are some days where it seems you're just looking for any excuse to laugh, we just look at you and you think it's hilarious. When I'm putting you to sleep I like to give you lots of little kisses on your face and tell you how much I love you and lots of other lovely things about you, a few days ago I gave you a little Eskimo kiss on your noes and you giggled, turns out you thought that was pretty funny. I told your Dad when he got home what happened and so he gave you an Eskimo kiss and sure enough you thought it was hilarious. You also think it's funny when I give you a kiss on your neck just under your cheeks. I can't tell you how much it means to see you so happy.
  • You get into the funniest positions to sleep. Your favourite at the moment is on your side with your legs at a 90 degree angle to your body.
  • If you're sleeping with your arms out, you like to place your palm on your cheeks, its soo cute and if you're wrapped, you really like it when I stroke your cheeks while you're falling off to sleep.
  • You had your first taste of banana yesterday and you really liked it. Oh and dad changed your nappy after that one. Lucky Dad he got to experience the first poo after solids!!
  • There are so many more things I could write but you'll be up soon so I'll leave it at that.
But let me just say this - you Lucas are so much fun to be around, really, I'm not just saying that. You are such a sweet, hilarious, curious, social little person and your Dad and I just love spending our days getting to know you.
xxx
Here are your photos from the previous months - I can't get over how much you've grown and changed in just 4 months!!