a tale of two hearts

6 months

 And "KAPOW" just like that you're 6 months!

Poor Mr Birdy you really gave it to him this month.

"Take that"
 "And that...and that!"
" Talk to the hand dude...I'm off."
 "Naaw...it was all just a show for the camera."

Here are a few things you're doing now that I don't want to forget:
  • You can sit up! All on your own, until you get overly excited about something beyond your reach and then topple over.
  • In the middle of the night you like holding my hand when you wake and and try to put yourself back to sleep...melts my heart.
  • Your eating like a champ now. We had a bit of a shaky start a few weeks ago but you seem to have really found your appetite now. I can't seem to shovel the stuff into you fast enough. You open your mouth wide and lean forward as soon as you see the spoon.
  • The other night you got a little worked up so I tried to give you kisses on your cheek to calm you down because that seems to distract you from how upset you are. I then left my lips on your cheek as you were so still I thought you might be fallen asleep and I didn't want to wake you...when I pulled them off I saw the biggest little grin on your face as you had your eyes closed and then you opened them up and just giggled. You'd been awake the whole time but you clearly just enjoyed having me so close!! 
  • You're finally enjoying the car. You're now really great at entertaining yourself back there and you seem so much more comfortable with the whole car ride concept.
  • You really love your Daddy, you give him the biggest smiles and get all excited when you see him. I love watching you two together. He kisses your belly and tickles you and you just laugh and laugh.
  • Oh and you have two teeth...they cut through just before Christmas. I'm assuming you told Santa that "all I want for christmas are my two front teeth" cause you got them!
  • You now fall asleep on your own...sort of. If I or Dad lay next to you for about an hour or so. Which isn't too bad really cause we pretend to sleep while keeping one eye open as we watch you babble to yourself and get up on all fours as you rock and launch yourself forward attempting to work out how to crawl. Oh and when you're putting yourself to sleep at night your Dad and I joke around that you look like Willem Dafoe in Platoon, that scene were he takes about 5 min to die. You keep collapsing on the bed as you attempt to crawl. Sooo exhausted that you've got your eyes closed but you keep trying till you finally collapse on your face and fall asleep. It's rather amusing seeing how determined you are.
  • You love to smile, I catch you looking at people half smiling waiting for them to notice you and when they do you light up! I've noticed you giggle to yourself these days too. For some reason you find our bedside lamps and the chimney hilarious. Oh and you laugh when I pull funny faces in the car at you or when I say "what's wrong", and the last few days I've heard you giggling to yourself as you are trying to fall asleep. 
  • Oh you've also learned to make farting noises with your mouth, on my legs in the bath, on my shoulder while I'm holding you, on any bare skin you can find. It's pretty funny, although you seem quite focused and serious while you're doing it.
These last 6 months with you have been such a precious gift and I know your Dad and I will treasure the memories we've created with you till we're all wrinkly and grey!

xx 
 Your exhausted and smittened mamma.
...

Here are your photos from the previous month.