a tale of two hearts

34 weeks


I've felt like I've been holding my breath for the last 4 months and at our last appointment with the obstetrician it felt like I finally exhaled. We've officially made it to 34 weeks, you're a great weight for your age and my cervix is holding strong. It's not been an easy journey but we are so incredibly thankful you are still baking away on the inside. 

Your Baba and Dedo took your big brother out for the day yesterday so Dad and I could start getting our place ready for you. Wish I could describe to you how exciting it is to finally be able to give myself permission to get excited about your arrival. It's still winter but we had an unusually warm day today so we decided to make the most of it. We bought some flowers, some milk powder, ran the outdoor bath and snapped a few photos of you and I. How talented is your Dad, seriously, how beautiful are these images. These last 4 months have not been easy but knowing that the pain and sacrifice is for you has made it all worthwhile. Being able to carry you so close, to feel your kicks and  hiccups throughout the day, to have you grow in my belly has been a gift I will forever be thankful for! 

x love mum